13 February 2017

Screen Printing Technique Class 3 - Crayons

This time we are trying with crayons drawn directly on the screen. This is definitely something new for me as I usually treat my screen with the upmost care to make sure they are in tiptop condition, and would have never contemplate drawing directly on it. However, our teacher encouraged us to try it as these are all testing screens and no need to be precious about them. I based my exercise on an image and drew directly on the mesh ( the one on the right)





The result is very much like that of a woodcut and I really quite like it actually. It is quite fun to do. I am not sure I would do that to my own screen as it was extremely difficult to remove from the screen afterwards and it could have blocked some of the holes in the mesh.