11 February 2017

Screen Printing Technique Class 1 - Mono print

I  enrolled in a short term screen printing technique class as I would like to explore different ways to make screen prints apart from the technique that I already know. Due to work (!) I was only able to attend a handful of classes but they prove fun and eye opening.

The first class introduced me to doing mono print with the screen, which I find fun and liberating because you basically just play around with the colours on the paper. All you have is the screen, tubs of colours ( mixed with mediums already, or they would be too thick) and the squeegee. No image to create, just paint and paint brush with results you have no control over. 


Here is the teacher demonstrating - 




You keep adding colours to areas you like and use the squeegee at 45 deg angle to spread on the paper. Here is mine and it is quite abstract.  Overall it is a fun start as when I go into the studio I usually have to be very focus and organised as not to waste time and material so this is a great way to explore and experiment.